Member Services is an umbrella title for the six active committees that work to provide our membership things they need to be active leaders in the transportation profession. We started out as the Strategic Planning Team, but we were so busy accomplishing things that we were not doing strategic planning. Frequently the work of the teams overlaps.
- Annual Meeting (SPAM) Team provides assistance to the Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) for each year’s Annual Meeting. Team members are either former chairs of the LAC or future LAC chairs. The former chairs are a wealth of information for the future chairs.
- Information, Communication and Outreach (IC&O) Team delivers timely information to our membership via social media, the website, and our newsletter. Outreach efforts are intended to publicize our purpose to the general public.
- Leadership Development Team is responsible for the training we offer our members so they can become highly effective leaders. The training is offered at the Section level, but we frequently have a module of the training at our Annual Meeting.
- Technical Knowledge Team keeps our members abreast of technical activities, emerging issues, and technologies as well as the best practices within our District. This team serves as a resource for the chair of the technical committee that is responsible for the program at the Annual Meeting.
- Workforce Development Team is interested in recruiting, equipping, retaining, and mentoring transportation professionals. The entire span of one’s career is covered with the activities of this team.
- Young Members Team was added to our umbrella in 2016. This team runs the Young Member Scholarship program for attending the Annual Meeting. In addition, they work on social activities for fostering relationships amongst our members.